Last Updated May 5, 2015
We do not collect any personal information from visitors of our website. However, if you use and/or purchase our services or applications, there may be some information we collect. When we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you, we will explicitly ask you for it. For example, to use the Kairos API service, we may collect, store, and access one or more of the following: (1) an email address; (2) photos or video that you upload through the application or otherwise provide to us; and (3) a biometric template, comprised of a list of numbers created by us from the photos or videos you uploaded. In addition we will store any information you provide to our sales department within one of our contact forms.
The personal information we collect from you will be used to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. In support of these uses, we may also use personal information to provide you with more effective customer service, and to improve our products or services. We may also use your email address to contact you regarding administrative notices from time to time. Information that is collected by or sent to us may be stored and processed in the United States, Canada, or any other country in which we or our affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using any of our products or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
We may use demographic information collected from you during the registration or purchase process (including age, location and gender data) or aggregate information from all of our users and provide that information in the aggregate to other parties, including advertisers, for marketing and promotional purposes. However, if we do so, that information will not be in the form that will allow any third party to identify you personally.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain other information about you. This includes the URL that you just came from, the URL you next go to, the browser you are using, your IP address, the pages you visit, and the types of services you purchase.
Anonymous Video Analytics:
Our Crowd Analytics SDK and IMRSV product offering uses Anonymous Video Analytics (AVA). AVA analyzes millions of pixels per second and anonymously detects general traits of viewers, along with demographic and engagement data from multiple people simultaneously. AVA has no ability to recognize or identify anyone. The software gathers purely numerical data, no personally identifiable information is collected and no images are ever saved, recorded or transmitted. The anonymized data is aggregated by the software to report numerical statistics. The analytics generated by AVA software provides marketers and businesses valuable insights into what’s actually happening within the proximity of displays and other product locations in real time.
Anonymous Information collected may include:
- Total count of individuals
- Demographic data such as gender and approximate age
- Engagement data such as attention, duration time and number of glances
- Viewer attributes such as estimated distance and general position
- Emotional expression (Facial Coding)
Media Data Policy:
Kairos customers submit images and videos to our our API services.
Kairos' Emotion Analysis API processes submitted videos from each of our customers to provide facial coding analysis on faces identified in the video. Original videos are not stored on our system.
Kairos' Face Recognition API processes submitted videos from each of our customers to provide facial coding analysis on faces identified in the video. Original videos are not stored on our system.
Disclosure of Information:
Except as described in this statement, personal information you provide will not be transferred to third parties without your consent.
We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. In addition, we must (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to address or resolve inquiries or problems, or comply with court orders, information requests from government agencies, or other legal or regulatory actions.
Security of your Information:
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, please know that due to the existing legal and technical environment, we cannot guarantee that any personal information we obtain will not be disclosed to third parties in ways not described in this policy.
Kairos takes reasonable precautions such as policy-based access control to protect Data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. Kairos follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Data, both during transmission and once received by Kairos. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While Kairos strives to protect your Data, Kairos does not guarantee its security.
Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties:
Kairos does not share or disclose any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except as described in this section.
- Agents, consultants and related third parties: Kairos uses third party vendors to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include data storage services, database maintenance services and payment processing. When Kairos employs such third party vendors to perform services on its behalf, Kairos will only provide them with the Personally Identifiable Information that they need to perform their specific function. Each third party vendor is required to keep such Personally Identifiable Information confidential and not to use such Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose other than providing services to Kairos.
- Business transfers: Kairos reserves the right to sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personally Identifiable Information may be part of the transferred assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer or successor of Kairos may continue to use your Personally Identifiable Information as set forth in this policy.
- Legal requirements and other circumstances: Kairos may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if required by law or if it believes in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Kairos, or (c) to protect the property or safety of users of the Kairos Site or Services or any third party. If Kairos is required by law to disclose any of your Personally Identifiable Information, then we will use reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of that disclosure requirement, unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute, subpoena or court or administrative order. In addition, if Kairos does not believe the disclosure request has been properly issued, then Kairos will object to such request.
Although the website is a general audience site, children under 13 are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can only use this service in conjunction with your parent or guardian.
If you have questions about this privacy statement, please contact us or write to:
Kairos AR, Inc. 2200 NW 2nd Avenue Suite 210 Miami, FL 33127