Site Reliability Engineer
Miami, FL | Remote work available
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position at Kairos involves working collaboratively with our product and development teams. As a SRE, you will help design, build, automate, monitor and secure the applications and systems infrastructure that powers Kairos’ face biometrics SaaS platforms. This role covers a wide range of challenges, from developing a software build system capable of building multiple products to building out and maintaining the cloud infrastructure housing our facial biometrics platforms.
Automation is a key to continuously improving the quality and repeatability of software releases and enables us to respond quickly to user needs. We are automating the building of both our infrastructure as well as our applications, so familiarity with testing and automation tools are of utmost importance.
- General cloud and Linux system administration.
- Be involved in all aspects of the systems from design to development to performance tuning and maintenance.
- Build tools to “automate all the things” and “monitor all the things”.
- Work with the development teams to perform and automate software releases.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Linux (Ubuntu) expert.
- Logging and monitoring experience (We’re big fans of the ELK stack).
- Experience with automation, scripting, and configuration management (We love Chef at Kairos).
- Self-reliant; able to work independently and accept responsibility for projects.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with a passion for technology.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Nice to Haves
- MongoDB, MySQL, Redis administration experience.
- Docker and/or other Linux container experience.
- Experience with software version control systems (We love GitHub).
- Experience enhancing security and hardening servers and networks.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- A knack for capacity and disaster recovery planning.
What's in it for you
- Great organization with a family atmosphere based in Miami or Boston
- Remote and flexible work available
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k options